I’m Lu Bracher Principal, Director and Founder of Real Estate HQ.
I was born in Laos (but I am Hmong) and came to Australia as a refugee in 1980.
I attended Sydney University and completed my Bachelor of Economics. After several years of running and developing businesses in Sydney with my husband - importing, wholesale/retail and hospitality we moved to Brisbane.
After arriving in Brisbane I trained as an Interior Designer with CATC before completing my full Real Estate licence with the REIQ.
I gained valuable experience working for several of the well known industry brands before becoming the acquisitions manager for a large investment company.
I also gained extensive experience in the research, pre and post construction and the 'packaging' of house and land in the greater Brisbane area.
Most of my working life has been spent in self employment and after working for others for a number of years it was time to venture out on my own again. So HQ was born!
HQ came from humble beginnings. For many years it was just me and a laptop and after several years it grew into a substantial business employing more than 10 people. At that size though I found I couldn't keep the personal touch with my Owners and so these days I have scaled back to a much smaller size where I can have time for everyone. (including my family).
We are known to some as Property Management HQ (especially my long term Clients) and more recently to others as Real Estate HQ -either way it's one and the same business.
What I Am
- Honest - often to my own personal detriment.
- Tough but fair. It's my job to make the tough calls on your behalf when required.
- Experienced and skilled 'at a deeper level' across many of the issues that can impact your investment property.
- Constantly improving.We don't always get it right but if we stuff it up we'll fix it up!
- Transparent - I won't hide anything from you. Confronting to some. I have acquired many owners over the years who were simply not aware of what was going on at their property or were unaware of their obligations as a landlord.
What I Am Not
- Cheap - if you are only interested in cheap fees then you don't value your investment property.
- Someone who cuts corners - people who keep cutting corners go in circles.
- Unprofessional - I am fully qualified, I am fully accredited, I am fully insured.
What I like
- Action not talk.
- Working with like minded people.
- Mutual trust and respect
- Providing great service to my clients and customers.
- Making sure everyone is on the same page.
What I don't like
- People who think that everything that is going wrong at their rental property is somehow me or my teams fault. We are tenancy managers-we don't own the property and we don't live our tenants lives.
- Keyboard warriors who will not engage with me or my team but when a decision goes against them jump online (anonymously off course) and make all sorts of non factual one sided comments. We always encourage stakeholders to seek opinions of fact from any third party sources like OFT RTA QStars or the RTRA ACT. More than happy to back our best practice solutions/processes/knowledge.
What I can offer
- Nearly 30 years of business experience
- 15 years of coalface property management experience
- The management of 1000's of rental tenancies and all the machinations that comes with it.
- High level QCAT representation
- Considered professional recommendations
- Best practice solutions
- Property sales
- Rental appraisals
- Pre purchase property assessments
- Dispute resolutions
- Renovation/refurbishment/project management
- And a whole whole whole lot more...................
Want to know more?
If you would like to know more and you are a landlord/owner/investor that:
- Knows the value of an experienced property manager.
- Appreciates the position we hold between you, the tenant and the law.
- Is ‘hands off’ and can give us the flexibility to make real time decisions in your best interests when we need to.
- Understands that we are not responsible for everything that goes on at your investment property.
- Have enough in reserve to maintain and improve your property if and when required
Then please get in touch here.
The process usually starts with a brief chat or a catch up over a coffee. You'll get to know more about me and how we operate and you can tell me about yourself, your property and your plans and I can answer any questions you may have.
Please note I am not hard sell in anyway. I won't 'gild the lily' and use flashy sales tactics. I'm no BDM looking to hit my monthly target of new managements. Mine is more a nuts and bolts approach. I'd rather walk away as friends than sign you up simply to 'make up the numbers'.
Lu Bracher – Principal/Director/Owner
B.Economics (Sydney University) | J.P. (Qual) | Licensed Real Estate Agent (Lic No. 3055945)
Certificate IV Assessment and Workplace Training | Interior Design – CATC
Interested in a realistic rental appraisal of your investment property?
CALL US NOW
(07) 3135 9080